Yesterday, I had the privilege and pleasure of chatting with some local moms and their precious babies/toddlers about kids protection planning. The Carmel Valley Moms group is a local chapter of MOMS (moms offering moms support) and its founder is Ericka Sexton.
If you are a member of the Carmel Valley MOMS group and missed the talk, here are some points we covered:
The Straight Scoop on Legal Planning for Busy Moms… and how to:
• Be sure your children never spend even one moment in the care of strangers (or anyone you wouldn’t want) if anything happens to you.
• Avoid the expenses and delays of a long, drawn-out court process that would make life difficult for your loved ones if you were in an accident.
• Protect your children’s inheritance from creditors, lawsuits and failed marriages.
• Make sure your hard-earned money is immediately and privately available to your chosen guardians.
• Leave behind more than just your money.
It was a quick talk and we did not go into great detail because our little people need lots of attention, but as one participant said, “it’s a good reminder of what I know we need to do but have been putting off.”
Legal planning is not something you want to put off because no one is promised tomorrow… and while we hope and pray that we all live long lives, part of being responsible parents is making sure our precious babies and children are provided for and protected if we cannot be here.
To help Carmel Valley moms (and dads) put-off procrastination and get things taken care of, every participant was given a Gift Certificate for a Family Wealth Planning Session (normally $750) where they can spend up to two hours with me and we will go over their particular situation and talk about what would happen under their current plan (even no plan is a default plan) and how they would like things to be.
If you missed the meeting and want to take advantage of this special offer, just call the office or send me a note.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
p.s. if you have a different moms group and you would like to book me to come speak to your group (we keep it to 20 minutes or less), just go to our contacts page and send us a note and we can get you on calendar. It’s free to your group and a great educational event for moms.